The Harvard Closing the Achievement Gap: Strategies for Excellence with Equity institute provides you the opportunity to learn how to raise achievement levels for all students—while narrowing the gaps between groups—by increasing teacher, student and family engagement. Return to your school or district with a concrete strategy to engage key stakeholders in striving for excellence with equity. The 2017 session will be held 7/10/17 to 7/14/17.
By the end of the program you will:
- Understand theoretical and practical frameworks for approaching the challenge of closing racial, ethnic and socioeconomic achievement gaps.
- Examine instructional leadership techniques to improve teacher engagement with students who do not perform to their potential.
- Explore how to mobilize students to effectively improve levels of peer support for achievement among all learners.
- Learn how to effectively involve parents and families in raising student achievement.
- Consider how to engage your community in public discourse about achievement gaps, mapping against an external standard to help push all student groups ahead.
For a detailed explanation of the program visit https://www.gse.harvard.edu/ppe/program/closing-achievement-gap-strategies-excellence-equity