Donna has been in public education for 30 years and absolutely loves this work! She received an undergraduate degree from the College of Charleston and a master’s degree from Texas A&M University. Donna serves as principal in an PK-4th grade elementary school in College Station, Texas. Her husband is the network administrator for the district. They have two daughters, both graduates of Texas A&M University. Donna attended the Harvard Leadership Institute in 2009 and every Raise Your Hand Texas Leadership Symposium except for the very first inaugural year. Each year, Donna looks forward to the symposium to connect with fellow principals across the state of Texas and to learn. She also enjoys giving back to Raise Your Hand by serving as a Charles Butt Scholar Mentor and now as an Alumni Regional Director.
Donna’s educational career has focused on real world application of classroom skills. As a teacher and now as an elementary principal, she believes it is the mission of educators to develop students that will change the world as tomorrow’s innovators and problem solvers. Creating an enriching learning environment where students are not only successful in academics, but have the ability to participate in quality fine arts programs, and develop socially and emotionally is a calling like no other. She believes the memories, experiences, enrichment, and connections that students receive today in the classroom will equip them to be future problem-solvers and change the world with their ideas, passion, empathy, kindness, and innovative spirit!
Back to Regional Directors
- 1997 State of Texas & Presidential Award for Outstanding Teaching in the field of Elementary Math & Science
- 2009 Harvard Leadership Institute – Scholarship recipient from Raise Your Hand Texas
- 2018 Raise Your Hand Texas Mentor to Charles Butt Scholars
- 2021 Raise Your Hand Texas Regional Director
- 1996 Professional Educator Award, Texas A&M, College of Education, Dean’s Round Table
- 2003-2004 Texas Elementary Principals & Supervisors Association, Assistant Principal of the Year for District 6
- 2019 Brazos County Aggie Mom President