The Harvard National Institute for Urban School Leaders provides you the opportunity to refine your leadership skills and broaden your understanding of teaching and learning. You will examine successful practices from urban settings, set high expectations for achievement, and explore strategies that promote student engagement. The 2017 session will be held 6/11/17 to 6/16/17.
By the end of the program you will understand how to:
- Identify leadership roles and styles required to improve teaching and learning in the instructional core.
- Examine the beliefs, cultural changes, and teaching and learning strategies required to promote high student achievement.
- Consider the effects of race, class, and culture on the learning community.
- Learn effective approaches for ensuring the inclusion of all students.
- Explore practice-based techniques for closing the achievement gap.
For a detailed explanation of the program visit https://www.gse.harvard.edu/ppe/program/national-institute-urban-school-leaders